Sector: Auto Parts
Location: Buenos Aires – Argentina
A company that manufacture structural component solutions for light and heavy vehicles with operation and technology centers strategically located worldwide, required the support of a senior health & safety specialist for their plant facility in Argentina which consisted of 1,200 full time employees.
Key deliverables included:
- Enhance the overall occupational Health & Safety Management System and improve key KPI results to achieve full alignment to the minimum requirements established by the company’s main customers.
- Work closely with the parent company to ensure adherence with the company’s own international standards.
- Review, improve and strengthen the good practice related to the health & safety policies and procedures, including a behavior-based safety program for all employees.
- Implement safety inspections by top management to ensure that proper environmental work practices are being followed.
- To assist in the identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional Health & Safety knowledge, skill and abilities to avoid major accidents.
- Lead and facilitate regular Health & Safety meetings including working directly with supervisors and managers to implement appropriate measures such as emergency response and risk prevention engagement.
- Check on the use of all types of personal protective equipment, evaluating their effectiveness and suggesting improvement where needed.
- Lead the review of all accidents, and near miss accidents.
- Provide advice, expertise and training to enable company personnel to comply with the requirements of the company Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.